What you missed while performing terribly on this Sporcle quiz…
- Mick McCarthy has defended his decision to rest ten of his starters against Manchester United, saying that it’s impossible to play two difficult games in four days. Manchester United appreciates the Christmas present, Mick.
- David Beckham is hoping AC Milan gets drawn against Manchester United in the Champions League.
- Tom Hicks is close to selling…the Texas Rangers. Damn.
- The U.S. men’s team will play a friendly against Honduras on January 23rd.
- Mark Hughes has no intention of making Joe Hart’s loan to Birmingham permanent.
- Estudiantes beat Pohang Steelers – who were reduced to eight men – 2-1 in the Club World Cup semifinal.
- English newspapers are giving the U.S. an edge over the English national team (which means that there’s clearly not enough CONCACAF coverage in England).
- Lionel Messi is feeling better after an hour-long workout on the beach.
- UEFA is investigating Bulgarian referee Anton Genov after suspicious betting patterns emerged during Macedonia’s 3-0 friendly win over Canada last month. Yes, you read that right: Canada lost to Macedonia.